I truly have a love/ hate relationship with the carpool line at school! Honestly, the convenience of getting the kids right after school instead of waiting for the bus, is wonderful. I can grab them and get home 10 minutes after school lets out. We get home, finish homework, play, start dinner and get ready for bed all within the short 4 hours we have after school. However there are days like today that I wish I didn’t have to be in this stupid line!!! These are my top 5 reasons for hating carpool line!
- The length of time I have to wait- Carpool Line is tricky it’s like if you’re not here an hour ahead of time the line is way up to the street. ( my kids school is a mile off the road). On the other hand if you come an hour early YOU HAVE TO WAIT AN HOUR IN A CAR TO GET YOUR CHILDREN. Wasting Gas or dying of cold/heat cause the Office nazi is going to come out and tell you that you can’t leave your car running. They don’t want the fumes! 😳
- Radio’s – For some reason people feel the need to share what is on their radio with the rest of us in the carpool line. I love music but how much bass and rhythms and talk radio can one take.
- People trying to get out of parking spaces- Why oh why did you pick this specific time to try and weave your way out of the carpool line!? I feel like Will Ferrell in Daddy’s Home! Just please stay in the cones! There is a system here people.
- Takes forever to load the kids- Seriously People just let the kids jump in and go. Why are we having conversations? Can we not do this over the phone? Walk into the building and request a chat. Please just load the child and go.
- Acknowledging the fact nobody pays attention in life- I promise if you want to feel insignificant in life you need to go through the carpool line. No matter how many times, days or weeks you are in this line you will be reduced to a number or asked a million times who are you. No lie! I have told this man at least 20 times who I am and who I am here for. Never fails though, he never remembers.
Next year my kids will be on the bus. For my own health and sanity we will be taking advantage of the school transportation system. However, don’t quote me on it because I’m sure my minions will con me into driving them back and forth again!